Need To Know
Massage Essentials makes online shopping a pleasant experience. Special care was taken in designing our user friendly website. Finding products and information, pricing and placing your order takes just a few clicks of your mouse.
Placing Your Order
Each product page you access has information about the product as well as the product price. All prices are in Canadian currency. When you have located the product that you wish to purchase just click the Add To Cart shopping cart button under the product description. Your purchases will be added to your shopping cart. This page will list the product quantity, description and price of the item chosen. As products are added to your shopping cart a running subtotal is shown on your shopping cart page. For those customers in provinces with HST, the corresponding amount is calculated in the tax column of the shopping cart.
- To delete an item just change the quantity to zero and then click the Update Cart button.
- To change the quantity just make the quantity change and click the Update Cart button.
- When your choices are finalized just click the Checkout button and you will be helped through easy to follow order processing instructions.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Method of product delivery and freight rates will vary according to products ordered. Shipping rates are based on "Signature Required" (with the exception of Canada Post ). We do not drop ship with any courier unless instructed otherwise in the comment section of the shopping cart by the customer. Massage Essentials takes no responsibility for lost/stolen or missing parcels.
- In-stock items are shipped within 24 working hours. If the product is out of stock you will be notified.
- You will receive an email advising you when the order was shipped. We keep shipping prices to a minimum. Purolator, UPS and Canada Post are our carriers of choice, these organizations are respected and cost effective.
- Large items such as Electric/Stationary Tables, Robotic Massage Chairs etc will be drop shipped from the manufacturer. Costs are calculated by weight and destination and are charged to your credit card as part of the final bill.
- We charge a small handling fee on each order. If you have any questions please contact us before you make your purchase and we will be happy to explain our procedure.
Returns / Cancelled Orders / Warranty Items
Pre-authorization for credit returns must be given in advance of return and the return of items supplied as ordered are subject to a 15% restocking charge. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. All returns must be returned immediately in original packaging and in re-sellable condition. Custom orders may not be returned. Returns on products that cannot be resold are NOT accepted. We CANNOT accept returns on OPENED Oils, Lotions, Creams, Books, Washed Linens, Videos, CDs, or anything already used.
Massage Essentials abides by the warranties set out by it’s suppliers/manufacturers. It is the responsibility of the customer to contact us as soon as possible with warranty claims/issues. We do not offer an extended warranty on products. Warranty claims are at the sole discretion of our suppliers/manufacturers and customer is responsible for any shipping/handling fees related to the claim.
Massage Essentials has the right to impose a 15% restocking fee on Cancelled Orders.
We package each box securely but damage sometimes occurs during shipping. If a box is obviously damaged, you may refuse the shipment. If you discover the damages after you open the box, please call us immediately and keep the box and all packing materials for inspection.
Couriers/Massage Essentials Terms and Conditions
1. "AT CUSTOMERS RISK"
The following shipments are not well suited to our couriers distribution and sorting systems and are therefore subject to a high risk of damage. For this reason, these shipments will be accepted for carriage, but only at customers risk (i.e.couriers/Massage Essentials shall not have any liability for these shipments and will not accept any claims for loss, damage or delay of these shipments):
- Glass, ceramics and other similarly fragile items.
- Items requiring temperature control.
- Confectionery products such as potato chips, chocolate, pastries and baked goods.
- Unpackaged items.
- Privately packaged items (e.g. items not in manufacturer's original packaging).
- Items not packaged in accordance with the couriers Package Acceptance Policy.
- Those items that are prohibited but which are tendered to the couriers and accepted for carriage.
Undeliverable Packages / Address Corrections
- Occasionally packages are returned to us as undeliverable or have address corrections. When the carrier returns an undeliverable package to us or has imposed an address correction, the customer is responsible for the return to sender shipping and or address correction charges. A full refund will be applied for the returned products.
- We are unable to re-ship orders that are returned to us as undeliverable. If you would still like to purchase items that were undeliverable, you are welcome to place a new order on our website.
Why Was My Package Undeliverable?
Our carriers may deem a package undeliverable for one of the following reasons:
- Item is too big for a P.O. Box. Some items too big to ship to a P.O. Box must be shipped to a street address.
- Incorrect Address. If the address is incorrect or outdated, the package is typically returned to us by the carrier or the unintended recipient. Please double-check your address carefully when placing a new order.
- Carrier Does Not Deliver to the Address. Canada Post/ Purolator and UPS may not deliver to some addresses. All orders with "PO BOX" in the address are automatically shipped via Canada Post.
- Address Format. If a post office box address was entered in a format our system does not recognize, the package may be shipped through a carrier that cannot deliver to a post office box. To ensure that such packages are routed through the proper carriers, please enter the box number as "PO BOX" followed by the number. Also, if you're a private mailbox holder (use a local commercial mail receiving agency), do not use "Box" for your mailbox number, instead use # or PMB. This will ensure that your address is not mistaken to be a P.O. Box, and that orders can ship to you via means other than Canada Post.
- Other Address Problems. In rare cases, it is also possible that the address label became illegible during the shipping and handling process, or that the carrier made a mistake and left the package at a different address than what was printed on the label. In this case the customer will not be charged for the return shipping.
- Failed Delivery Attempts. Most of our carriers make three attempts to deliver a package. Packages that contain more than $250 of merchandise may require a signature; otherwise, it is generally up to the driver's discretion to determine whether a signature is required. If the driver feels it is best to obtain a signature and no one is present to accept the delivery after three attempts, the package will be returned to us.
- Refused by Recipient. If a gift recipient is not expecting a gift, they may refuse the package if they believe it was sent to them in error. If you still want to send these items, you may want to let the recipient know that a surprise is on the way.